Thursday, January 6, 2011

Stuff to keep your plate full:



  • This month you guys have 3 works of art due on finals day. By my estimations that means you will have only 6 pieces left to do before the end of April!!

  • A few of you have recently spoken with me about changing concentration ideas. I think that at this point in the year, it may be a bad idea to do so. You will have to complete a full 12 pieces between now and the end of April, effectively doubling your work load for each month left! If you do decide to go against this advice, you will also need to map out your new concentration by completing the "Concentration Development" sheet again in your sketchbook.

  • The deadline for Scholastic is quickly approaching. I HIGHLY recommend that you have all of the pieces that you plan on entering submitted before I leave at the end of next week. The postmark deadline is Jan 25, so if you enter work that day or the day before, you will make it very hard on Whitney and Mrs. McBride to make sure your work is included in the packet that needs to be sent in.

  • Oregon College of Art and Craft will be coming sometime in January to jury work for the Biennial High School Exhibition. This is a pretty great show to get your work into. The work is all juried from the actual piece at Lakeridge, so get your best pieces here if you would like them to be included.

Have I told you guys that you are the best AP class and group of kids I have ever had? Well, you are. And you are making me really proud!!!

27 comments:

  1. First!!!! and thanks Amy! all that sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amy i need to show you some pieces before you leave tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you amy, you are the best ceramics teacher we have ever had too! and there is a lot of stuff to do....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is alot! thanks amy! I have had such a fun year and you are def my favorite ceramic teacher ever! you are the best! I am going to miss you alot while your gone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. Sounds good. We all will miss you so much when you are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok sounds good but the real point is WHY ARE YOU LEAVING US AMY???!!!! we can take care of you every day and drew can deliver the little guy when the time comes....you dont need to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. o jeez i need to get ready for all of this shit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have I told you that you are the best teacher? Please don't leave. The baby will be fine on its own. I need you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Racing against the clock! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the heads up Amy! Thanks for being my art teacher for four years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet i've already begun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks amy! :) im going to miss youuuu

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww thanks amy! the sub seemed great. hope the baby is good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. daawwww, you're great amy! i'm ready to crank out some more projects and hopefully i'll have a cool concentration this year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't leave Amy! I won't have anyone to throw my ideas at. =(

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds good amy! ill miss youuuu!!!!

    ReplyDelete